This Scholarship is provided from the income of a Memorial Fund raised by public subscription to perpetuate the memory of Gareth Richard Vaughan Jones, a graduate of the University, who met his death at the hand of bandits in Inner Mongolia, 12 August, 1935.
- Graduate of a Welsh University
- Preference will be given to a graduate who signifies his/her intention to pursue or continue a scheme of study in preparation for work in journalism bearing on international affairs or for entry into State or other services relating to international affairs.
- The object of the Scholarship is to enable the holder to travel in foreign countries with a view to facilitating his/her study of international relations. No obligation to pursue a specific scheme of study shall be attached to the award of the Scholarship.
- The value of the Scholarship shall be approximately £2,000, subject to available funds and payable in two instalments
- The holder of the Scholarship shall, at the conclusion of his/her tenure, submit a report of the work
For full regulations, click here