This Scholarship is provided from the income of gifts made to the University of Wales in October 1934, and January 1949, by the late Miss Ethel M Hovey, of Colwyn Bay.
- Candidates must be female
- Pupil at a state or independent secondary school or schools situated in any locality in the former counties of Caernarvonshire or Denbighshire.
- Preference shall be given to any such girls who received their secondary education, in whole or in part, in a school located in the area comprised in the present borough of Colwyn or the rural parishes adjacent thereto.
- Tenable at Bangor University
- Awarded on the recommendation of Bangor University. The recommendation shall be based on the Institution’s Entrance Scholarships Examination.
- The holder of the scholarship shall initially reside in a Hall of Residence of the Institution.
- The Scholarship will be of the value of approximately £1,500, subject to available funds
- The scholarship shall be tenable for a period of one year in the first instance, but may be renewed for a second and third year, proportionate and subject to available funds
Further information with regard to the annual Entrance Scholarships Examination may be obtained from The Secretary and Registrar at Bangor University
For full regulations, click here