This Scholarship is provided from the income of a gift made to the University of Wales in June, 1989 by the family and friends of the late D Lloyd Thomas BSc PhD (London), a native of Maesteg, a graduate of the University and sometime teacher at Imperial College, London.
The scholarship shall be available at Aberystwyth University and Swansea University in rotation. This year the scholarship shall be made available to potential candidates accepted for admission to an undergraduate degree scheme at Swansea University.
- Welsh-speaking Candidate
- Accepted for admission to an undergraduate degree scheme at Aberystwyth University and Swansea University in rotation.
- Able to satisfy the matriculation requirements of the relevant Institution.
- Born, or have been resident, within the County of Mid-Glamorgan. Preference shall be given to any such candidate who has been born, or has been resident, within the Maesteg area (as defined by the boundaries of the Borough of Ogwr).
- A student who has already entered upon a scheme of study for a degree of the Institution shall not be eligible for an award
- Value of approximately £1000, subject to available funds
- The scholarship shall be renewable for a further two years, proportionate and subject to available funds and a satisfactory report from the relevant institution
Applications should be submitted to the Registrar of Swansea University, no later than 15th September.
For full regulations, click here