The Aberfan Disaster of 1966 claimed the lives of 116 children and 28 adults.
This scholarship is provided from the income of a gift made to the University of Wales in 1968 by the Welsh Society of San Francisco in memory of the children who were killed in the Aberfan disaster of 1966.
- A young person of school age, whose parents were living in Aberfan at the time of the disaster, or if there is no suitably qualified applicant, to a person of school age living in Merthyr Tydfil.
- In both of the above cases, the order of preference shall be:
a) Applicants who propose to enter Cardiff University, as first year undergraduate students.
b) Applicants who propose to enter any other Welsh university as first year undergraduate students.
- The value of the Scholarship shall be approximately £1,500 per annum, subject to available funds
- This amount may be divided between two or more suitably qualified applicants.
- The Scholarship will be tenable for up to three years, proportionate and subject to available funds.
You Are From
Location of Study