These Scholarships (which also incorporate the Dr Howell Rees Medical Scholarship) are provided from the income of a bequest made to the University of Wales by the late Howell Rees CBE MRCS LRCP (1847-1933) of Cardiff.
The scholarship will be awarded on the results of the Entrance Scholarships Examinations conducted by or on behalf of Aberystwyth University, Cardiff University, and Swansea University respectively every third year.
This year the scholarship shall be made available to potential candidates at Cardiff University
- Welsh-speaking Candidate
- Candidates for the scholarship shall be eligible in the following order of preference:
a) Those who were born in Cwmaman (in the County of Camarthenshire) or Brynaman or Gwaun-cae-gurwen or Cwmgorse;
b) Those whose parents were living within the boundaries defined in (i) at the time of the candidate’s birth;
- Those who were born within the county of Camarthenshire.
- Candidate must be qualified to matriculate in the Institution and must not, at the time of the award, have entered upon a scheme of study for a degree therein.
- Value of approximately £1000, subject to available funds
- The tenure of the scholarship shall be for three years, proportionate and subject to available funds and a satisfactory report from the relevant institution
Enquiries should be directed to Cardiff University