The Prize was endowed in December 1923, by Professor Sir Ewen J Maclean MD, in memory of his father, the late John Maclean of Kilmoluag, Tiree, and of Mount Hill, Carmarthen.
- Candidate for the degrees of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery in the Cardiff University School of Medicine
- Pursued the course of study in Midwifery and Gynaecology approved as part of the qualifying scheme for those degrees
- Candidate who, in the opinion of UWRET, has shown the greatest proficiency in it
- UWRET will take into account a report of the external examiner on the attainments of the candidates in the examination, and a report of the Professor of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- If the successful candidate has not completed the qualification for the degrees of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, the publication of the award and the presentation of the Prize will be deferred until he/she has completed the qualification.
- Originally consisting of a medal, a cash sum is now awarded in its place
- Awarded annually at an approximate value of £100, subject to available funds
Enquiries should be directed to Cardiff University School of Medicine
You Are From
Location of Study